Some years ago – back in the day when the internet only came in dialup and we all walked barefoot to school – I wrote a piece about images and the user experience.
The online journal Kairos published it.
Though many of us now have broadband connections – there is still some good thinking in here about when, and why, to use images online.
- Wait of the web
- Speed, the web’s most important design criterion
- Images enhance recall
- Illustration and redundancy
- Save pictures for punch
- Image do’s
- Crop to reduce image size
- Write to provide context for images
- Think twice about using pictures of text
- A plea for power